Today I am kind of doing a Throwback from a past Thursday where I talked about math with hangers. I really miss that Throwback Thursday Linky from The First Grade Parade… Anyway, here it goes for today’s MaTh activity Thursday: Closet Edition!
Feel free to link up any of your recent math posts, or if you want to post one you can add it now until next Tuesday : )
Also FYI, I posted my upcoming schedule and past MaTh activity Thursday posts in a tab just below the header.
What kind of math can you do with closets? Tons! Hands-on math projects are right there in your own bedroom.
- What are the dimensions of the closet? How could you maximize the space in there to fit the most items?
- How many different kinds of items of clothes are in the closet? Are there shoes in there too? How many pairs? Out of the items in your closet what is the percentage breakdown of those main items (in quantity or how much space they take up)?
- For example. Shirts 30% Pants 10% Dresses 20% Shoes 40%
- How many hangers do not hold any clothes? How many items of clothes are not on hangers?
- Time how long it takes to organize your closet. Time how long it takes to put a load of clean laundry away in your closet.
- What is the total value of the belongings in your closet?
Have fun teaching everyone! And if your kids get to do this activity I would love to hear how it went : )
This post is also part of Ms. Math Dork’s linky : )
Time for you to share your math activities/workshops/tips with MaTh!