I’m back with my MaTh activity Thursday after a break due to the 4th of July last week.
For this week, I had an activity to do with little ones–ages 4-7.
Then see how many shapes you can see in your picture(s).
- How many circles are there?
- How many rectangles?
- How many squares?
Here is my original post from April of this year….
A rectangle is one of my favorite shapes–probably because they are everywhere!
- Draw a rectangle on graph paper.
- How many other shapes can you draw inside it? A square, more rectangles, triangles, circles.
- What is the area inside the rectangle?
- What is the perimeter measurement.
- Go into one room in your house.
- Estimate how many rectangles are in the room.
- Write or draw on a piece of paper how many things in the room are made of rectangles. (For example a bookcase–and how many rectangles does it have in it–the shelves and the books)
- Is the room a rectangle? Can you find the area of the room?
If you want to add this linky party to your page put in this HTML code…
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<!– end InLinkz script –>