Okay, the creation of this picture took me way too long, but it is super fun to do math with kids while folding towels. There are a lot of neat math concepts in this activity!
- Towels that needs folding (hand towels are easier for young kids).
- Papers the look about the same shape as your towel (you may need to cut the paper(s) a little to make the ratio more accurate).
- As one person folds the towel, another person is folding the paper the same way.
- Try different ways of folding.
- Look at all your paper results. Ask questions, draw conclusions, make predictions, and test hypotheses.