I wanted to give a special thank you to Kristen (a blogging friend who I met through the A to Z challenge)! She nominated me to receive a Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
A great compliment she gave me was when she wrote “Lucy Ravitch at Kids Math Teacher: She’s like the Danica McKellar of the blog world.” I really do want kids, and adult, to know that math can be fun. I know that learning basic concepts first will help with mathematical comprehension as you learn more complex problems.
And just for fun I will answer the associated questions that Kristen put up…
1. What is your favorite video game (if any)? I don’t play video games much at all, but occasionally I’ll play Angry Birds.
2. Do you like to sleep on a very soft surface, or a harder surface? Soft!
3. What is the most unusual food you have tried? Durian (in a birthday cake for my friend’s Dad).
4. What is your favorite odd food or meal (if you have one)? I used to love the TV dinner Salisbury Steak dinners when I was a kid. I don’t know if I would like it now, but it was great growing up. : )
5. What is the first sense you turn to when describing something in your writing (taste, smell, touch, sight, etc)? Sight and touch.
6. What is one of the cutest things you have ever seen in your life? My children smile when they were babies : )
7. What is the ugliest thing you have ever seen or experienced? A bad car accident. I was about seven and a child about my age was dead in the car with her mother screaming for her while people held her back. Still makes me teary eyed to this day.
8. Do you prefer typing or writing with a pen or pencil and paper? Drawing and pen and paper mostly.
9. What is your favorite thing to drink? Henry Weinhard’s Root Beer! That stuff is heavenly.
Thanks again Kristen!
For this week’s MaTh activity Thursday we’ll be focusing on Single Digit Addition! So, if you have ways to make addition fun and more engaging please share it with us on Thursday!