You can do math activities with sizes, colors, and varieties of jackets…
- Sort all the jackets by color…How many are blue, white, orange, etc.?
- Make a graph. You could do less specific coloring–light vs. dark.
- Sort the jackets by plain vs. ones with emblems or hoods vs. no hoods. What percentages are they?
- Make a pattern with them and have your classmates see if they can recognize the pattern.
- Wade a jacket up to a ball and see who can toss it the farthest–measure the distance.
- See how many jackets you can put on until you can’t move your arms–then have people guess how many jackets you are wearing.
- Find out the total cost of the jackets using the purchase price.